Wednesday, October 5, 2016

WIP Wednesday: Starfish

This has been a knitting-heavy week, and I've got a lot of knitting done on several different projects.

First of all, I frogged the socks I'd cast on last week. I didn't care for how the yarn and pattern worked together, and found myself procrastinating from picking it back up. Not worth it. Instead I cast on a simple pair of ribbed socks, and it's coming along much better :-)
They look a tad small despite being my usual 64sts socks. I'm thinking that's probably just because of the ribbing, but should probably try them on before I get to the heel, to see if I'm knitting for myself, or making a pair for someone else ;-)

I've gotten a bit more done on the Feather-and-fan scarf I started last week. It's exactly as boring to knit as I'd feared, but thanks to the gorgeousness of the yarn, I don't mind too much. Still, I need to get a move on if I want to finish this by Liz' birthday. Although I know she'll understand if it's a tad late.

The hexagons for the polygon blanket is coming along nicely and I've knit 10 so far :-) Still haven't decided how big I'm going to make the blanket - for now I'm just enjoying the knitting. Each hexagon takes me about an hour to knit.

Finally, I decided I didn't have enough projects on the needles already, so I cast on the Paradise Cardigan by Kristen TenDyke. I'm adding stripes as I didn't have enough of either colour, but really wanted to use this yarn ;)
I've separated for the sleeves and am trying to make up my mind whether I want to continue with the body, or take a page out of Jasmin Knitmore's book and knit the sleeves first, while the body is still relatively small and manageable. I think I'll do one more stripe and then decide :)

No comments:

Post a Comment