Wednesday, November 21, 2018

WIP Wednesday: Week 47

Despite it only being two weeks since I last posted a WIP Wednesday entry, I have SO many finished objects to show off this time! And I'm really proud of a lot of them too :-D

Finished Objects
First of all, I finished the second Happypotamous!!! So happy with how it turned out! I must admit, I'd forgotten just HOW much of a hassle it is to crochet together though, so I think I'll probably take a bit of a break before making another one. But they turn out so delightful that I'm sure there are more of these in my future.

I managed to stuff this one quite a bit better too, so it's more solid and has a better center of balance. I just HOPE Liz will like it :-D

The very same evening, I also finished the sweater for Anne! This was blocking last time I showed it off, and I just had to seam the pieces together. I'm really not a fan of seaming, but fortunately I could mostly use mattress stitch here, which helped a lot. It's both easier and looks better than most other forms of seaming, I find... at least the way I do them ;-P
I haven't had the chance to give it to her yet, so have no clue how it'll fit. Fingers crossed! Hopefully she'll let me take a modeled shot once she gets it.

This past weekend I finished the 14 Minikins I needed to make for the Christmas Party at work. The party is not till this Friday, so I finished in PLENTY of time, and even have a spare one for Henni! (as I made 14 and only afterwards realized that we'll be 14 people INCLUDING me! I already have one, so Henni can have mine ;-) )

Nina wrote me up weekend before last and asked if I would knit Christian another pair of socks as he wears the old pair pretty much daily so they'd gone VERY threadbare. They are leaving again next Thursday, so I didn't really think I'd have time, but fortunately I had a few days with pretty much no plans, so I got stubborn and ended up finishing them in just a week!!! Granted, I didn't knit much else that week, but now I know that I can finish a large pair of socks in 20 hours if I really, really want to! Hopefully, I don't think there'll be much call for that. I gave Christian the socks Sunday, and he put them on immediately! (in fact, almost the entire family were wearing my knitwear that day! Love it!)

And finally, I knit up a hat for myself in just two evenings. After having finished so many gifts, I felt like casting on something for myself, and when I found a newly released pattern for an owl hat, I knew I had to have it :-D Even better - it used up an old scrap of yarn I didn't know what to use for. Score! Love it when that happens. The owls were supposed to have seed beads for eyes, but I didn't have any in the right size, and was too impatient to wait till I could buy some, so I just ended up using Hama beads. Not nearly as elegant, but it worked nicely. Besides - it's just a hat!

On the Needles
With so many things finished, I actually only have a couple of things currently being worked on. The most important of those is still the Unicorn sweater for Nora. I made a few modifications to the chart, as I was getting SO tired of colourwork, but I really don't think you can tell. And now that I've split for the sleeves, I'm at the main part of the body, so the next MANY rounds will just be knitting round and round and round and round and... Lovely mindless knitting :-D

Other than that I'm pretty much only working on a pair of vanilla socks and my cozy memories blanket - neither of which have seen enough process to show off here. I'll probably cast on something else for me soon... have been doing a LOT of gift-knitting lately, and feel like being a bit selfish with my knitting for awhile ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment