Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Second Sock

On the Needles
I haven't been knitting as much this past week as usual... mostly because I found two awesome books I had to disappear into, and I couldn't read fast enough while knitting to satisfy me, so knitting was put to the wayside for a bit. Almost like old days ;)

So very little progress on very few projects.

I've just finished the cuff for my second September Sock (am about 8 rows into the first pattern repeat). I always tend to procrastinate when it comes to casting on the second sock, but once it's actually on the needles I usually do okay, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm also considering casting on the first October Sock before I finish this one, just to give me some variation ;)

The 12 pairs of socks for 2014 is starting to look a bit iffy at this point, but I'm not about to give up yet! I know I can do it - it's all a matter of priorities!

My Princess Hitchhiker is up to 23 tips now! Each row is starting to take quite a bit longer now, and I still have another 19 tips to go! Glad I started early, so I have plenty of time before Christmas.


Finally I have cast on something new :-P But for some weird reason the photo I took of this never got saved on my iPhone?! Odd. Anyway, apparently I have absolutely NO willpower when it comes to knitting stuff for my nieces and nephews... so when my sister told me that her daughter kept stealing her magic slippers (so called because they look SO weird off the foot, but great on it), and wanted a pair of her own, I knew I had to make them. Especially as I see Isabella again next week - it would be cool if I could have them done already. Each slipper takes me about 3-4 hours to knit, so it's an achievable goal.

... and once they are done, I HAVE to get back to knitting her "Little Pole" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment