Regarding my subject line - I am FINALLY able to show you the finished Red Chocolate!!! The pieces had finished blocking last weekend, so I sat down Saturday evening to try to see if I could figure out how to combine the pieces of the puzzle. Fortunately that turned out to be a LOT easier than I had first feared, and that first evening I managed to finish everything but the second sleeve. Unfortunately at that point I could see I would have to unpick and redo the first sleeve, so I decided to call it a night and continue at a time when I was more awake.
That was Sunday morning, so by the time my husband got home from work, I could get him to take these photos of me modelling it! :) :) :)
But I'm definitely happy with my accomplishment :) AND I now know how to make cables without a cable-needle :) All good. I'll be seeing my friend tomorrow and hope to get some shots of her in it then.
Pattern: Chocolate Passion from Drops.
Yarn: Hjertegarn Superwash Vital, 100% wool.
Modifications: Turned two cables the wrong way on the fronts. One by accident, the other as a "design feature" ;) If I were to make this again, I'd make greater use of provisional cast on and three needle bind off in order to limit the amount of seaming necessary.