Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Startitis

I never can seem to help myself when people ask if I'll knit them something - I cast on right away, even though I have loads of other WIPs I ought to be working on... But the same thing happened this weekend. My sister asked if I'd knit her a sparkly beret, and of course I had to get on it right away. I found some suitable yarn, she found a pattern she liked that would fit the yarn, and I was off!
This is a really quick knit, so I should be able to finish before I see her next.

I've also started another testknit. I'm on a sock-knitting craze these days, so when I found a testknit for a relaunch of Facade Socks I knew I had to sign up. I only started last night, so I'm pretty satisfied with my progress so far :)

Finally I've been working a bit on my existing WIPs - the Red Chocolate, the Haruni (after not having touched it for a year!), the puzzle pieces and the honey cowl. Only the latter has really seen enough progress to warrent a progress photo though.

I REALLY need to finish the Red Chocolate sometime soon though! I'm starting to feel guilty about it... mostly because I know that if I just sat down and got to it, I could finish the knitting in an evening or two. Then I'd just have the seaming up to do. Perhaps this weekend...

2 comments:

  1. You are so lovely knitting for others when they ask! You should give your sister lessons so she can knit too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we avoid things for a reason, and then wonder why we ever avoided it. I don't mind seaming, but sometimes I put it off, and then wonder why. Good luck with your startitis, hope it's not catching.

    ReplyDelete