Wednesday, June 21, 2017

WIP Wednesday: More coasters!

Over the past week I've knit some more fruit coasters and now have 9! They are VERY potato-chippy :-) I now have a lemon, a feijoa (although I guess it looks more like an avocado... but I know what it is), a blood-orange, a watermelon, a grape, a lime, an orange, a kiwi and an apple.
Other ideas I'm contemplating: melon (honey and/or cantaloupe), plum, green apple, tomato... oh, and Nina suggested a dragon fruit! Still trying to figure out how to do that one though, as she wants me to add the spikes! :-D

I'm SO CLOSE to being done on my Elphaba! I need to knit another 17 rounds of lace on the left sleeve, and then pick up and knit the neckline. Just in time for summer, of course ;-) But it'll give a lot of extra yardage for stashdash :-D I haven't even broken 2K yet, so I need that!

And since I was in need of some purse knitting, I cast on for a new pair of socks... a very unusual pair though! This is taken from "New Directions in Sock Knitting", and they're not knitting! Each sock is knit out of four strips (plus a heal) that are then knitted together. I've finished the first two strips for the top of the foot and am just hoping it'll be big enough as it looks kinda small... ah well, I'm sure it'll fit somebody even if it doesn't fit me.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

WIP Wednesday: Sock Yarn Sweater

Well! I finished all the things for stashdash within the first few days, and then have only finished one single thing since! Ah well... slow and steady's the way to go, right? ;) My goal is still to make it to 5km, but my mojo has been lacking lately, so I may have to dial it down to 3km. Fortunately I haven't committed to anything yet :)

Anyway, I finally finished the scrap yarn baby sweater I showed off last time. As mentioned, this started off it's life as a leg warmer, but I was just so utterly uninterested in finishing it that it had languished for ages. I finally realized that by an amazing stroke of luck the dimensions matched the Seamless Baby Sweater, and I was off!
Joining the body and the sleeves for the yoke was a bit of a hassle as I couldn't seem to manage all the stitches on one circular needle, so for the first 10-12 rounds after joining I used two circs until the shoulders were flexible enough to return them to just one. The rest of the sweater was a piece of cake, and though I'd been a tad worried how the various scraps (almost all Opal) would work together as I was knitting (they're all so colourful!) I ended up absolutely adoring the final sweater. Amazing how something that would be utterly ugly in an adult-sized sweater is just utterly CUTE in a baby one :D It was a quick knit and definitely something I'm likely to do again.

Apart from that, the Entrelac blanket has gotten quite a bit more love. The current dimenions are 45x45cm unblocked (but I'm expecting it to GROW!), and I hope to get another 20'ish cm in lengthwise... if I last that long :-P I love how the colours change, but the knitting in itself is fairly boring so it's slow going. But I'm pressing on, so I'll end up with a decent sized baby-blanket :)