Wednesday, June 21, 2017

WIP Wednesday: More coasters!

Over the past week I've knit some more fruit coasters and now have 9! They are VERY potato-chippy :-) I now have a lemon, a feijoa (although I guess it looks more like an avocado... but I know what it is), a blood-orange, a watermelon, a grape, a lime, an orange, a kiwi and an apple.
Other ideas I'm contemplating: melon (honey and/or cantaloupe), plum, green apple, tomato... oh, and Nina suggested a dragon fruit! Still trying to figure out how to do that one though, as she wants me to add the spikes! :-D

I'm SO CLOSE to being done on my Elphaba! I need to knit another 17 rounds of lace on the left sleeve, and then pick up and knit the neckline. Just in time for summer, of course ;-) But it'll give a lot of extra yardage for stashdash :-D I haven't even broken 2K yet, so I need that!

And since I was in need of some purse knitting, I cast on for a new pair of socks... a very unusual pair though! This is taken from "New Directions in Sock Knitting", and they're not knitting! Each sock is knit out of four strips (plus a heal) that are then knitted together. I've finished the first two strips for the top of the foot and am just hoping it'll be big enough as it looks kinda small... ah well, I'm sure it'll fit somebody even if it doesn't fit me.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete