Wednesday, June 14, 2017

WIP Wednesday: Sock Yarn Sweater

Well! I finished all the things for stashdash within the first few days, and then have only finished one single thing since! Ah well... slow and steady's the way to go, right? ;) My goal is still to make it to 5km, but my mojo has been lacking lately, so I may have to dial it down to 3km. Fortunately I haven't committed to anything yet :)

Anyway, I finally finished the scrap yarn baby sweater I showed off last time. As mentioned, this started off it's life as a leg warmer, but I was just so utterly uninterested in finishing it that it had languished for ages. I finally realized that by an amazing stroke of luck the dimensions matched the Seamless Baby Sweater, and I was off!
Joining the body and the sleeves for the yoke was a bit of a hassle as I couldn't seem to manage all the stitches on one circular needle, so for the first 10-12 rounds after joining I used two circs until the shoulders were flexible enough to return them to just one. The rest of the sweater was a piece of cake, and though I'd been a tad worried how the various scraps (almost all Opal) would work together as I was knitting (they're all so colourful!) I ended up absolutely adoring the final sweater. Amazing how something that would be utterly ugly in an adult-sized sweater is just utterly CUTE in a baby one :D It was a quick knit and definitely something I'm likely to do again.

Apart from that, the Entrelac blanket has gotten quite a bit more love. The current dimenions are 45x45cm unblocked (but I'm expecting it to GROW!), and I hope to get another 20'ish cm in lengthwise... if I last that long :-P I love how the colours change, but the knitting in itself is fairly boring so it's slow going. But I'm pressing on, so I'll end up with a decent sized baby-blanket :)

No comments:

Post a Comment