Wednesday, March 15, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Infinite Butterfly

Week before last, I knit pretty much exclusively on my butterfly shawl, as I had gotten to the point where I was so close to being done that I could almost taste it! A few dedicated evenings, and I knew I'd be able to get it done and blocked in time for this week's WIP Wednesday post!

... and I was right :-) As expected, I did run out of the Helix yarn from Infinite Twist, but I was right in assuming that a few black stripes wouldn't matter at all. I'm ridiculously pleased with how it turned out - both colour and size - and will love wearing it. It's definitely more a wrap than a scarf (has a wingspan of more than 2 meters), and will come in very handy.

I finished one shawl and cast another one on :) I've been wanting to knit Stephen West's The Doodler for quite awhile, and last week I finally got my hands on some suitable yarn :) I'm slightly less than halfway through clue 1 and am enjoying it greatly :) Not entirely sure about my colour choice yet... we'll see what happens when I add in the third (red).

Thanks to the 2 Knit Lit Chicks podcast I signed up for their colourwork KAL and immediately cast on the "Musical" fingerless gloves. They're a bit more of a hassle to knit than I had expected, due to the magic loop (it's a bit tricky to keep the tension right as I start each new row), but I think I'm getting the hang of it. But funny that it might actually be easier to do fair isle on a larger project than a small one!

No comments:

Post a Comment