Wednesday, June 6, 2018

WIP Wednesday - Week 23

I've been doing a lot of finishing this past week, so have no works in progress, but 3 finished objects!

As expected I finished the Summa Shawl just a few days after my last WIP post. I played yarn chicken till the very end and ended up with less than 2 meters left of the light green yarn! Success! I can't believe how quick a knit it turned out to be, and am looking forward to seeing how it turns out once blocked. But here it is in all its unblocked glory :-)

Last week I was told that one of my coworkers is stopping later this month. I happen to know that she's a huge fan of unicorns, so decided to make one for her. The pattern was inspired by the SO FLUFFY unicorn from Despicable Me, but I decided to give it rainbow hair instead :-D It turned out really well, but was SUCH a hassle to make, that I doubt I'll make more of these. I plan to give it to my coworker this Friday and hope that she likes it.

After 1.5 years on the needles, I FINALLY finished the Skew socks. Not at all sure why they took me this long to finish. Sure, they're more complex than a "normal" sock construction, but not that bad. I like the way they look (the fit could be better, but that's my own fault as I didn't swatch ahead of time :-P) and LOVE the yarn! It's a merino-possum blend I bought in New Zealand and so lovely soft and warm! Waaaaay too warm these days, but they'll be awesome come winter.

2 comments: