Wednesday, January 30, 2019

WIP Wednesday - Week 5

I've been fairly monogamous these past few weeks, so actually only have two things to show off.... (well... three, but the last is a present, so I'll keep that secret for now ;-) )

Mostly, I've been knitting quite a bit on the Fading Point shawl. I love the yarns I picked out for it, and while they don't fade into each other quite as smoothly as I'd hoped, I still really like the way they look together. I've finished section one and am just about to start the first colour change on section two. It's a lot faster a knit than I had expected, but it DOES use 5 full skeins of yarn, so it'll take awhile no matter what.

Especially as I've put it on the back burner recently. This past weekend I was asked to test-knit a shawl that's up for republishing. I've been waiting for this to come back for sale for quite awhile, so obviously I was thrilled to do so, even if it meant setting Fading Point aside for awhile. It's a two-colour shawl, interchanging rows of garter with sections of lace, and while I haven't gotten all that far yet, I'm really enjoying it. Not too sure about my colour choices, but oh well - we'll see how it goes. As I know from experience, you never know until it's pretty much done! For now I'm just enjoying the softness of the yarn and the challenges of the pattern :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment