Wednesday, September 23, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Week 39

Off the Needles
A few more things flew off the needles this past month :)

I finished the Jurata Shawl about a week after my last WIP post, and absolutely LOVE it! It's too warm to use just now, but will come in VERY handy over the winter. This is definitely more to be used as a wrap rather than a shawl. It's wonderfully soft, and I love how the lace looks after blocking. I originally wanted to make this as I needed a shawl for fancy occasions -- we'll see if I actually have any need for it like that, or if it'll be a comfort wrap instead.


Last time I showed off a giraffe I'd made for one of my coworkers. I gave it to her Friday before last and we got talking about crocheting softies in general, so I showed her all the other patterns Stacey Trock has designed. One of my other coworkers saw this fish and immediately fell in love, so over the weekend I decided to make it for him :-D It was a really quick project, so Monday I could bring it with me and pass on to him (good thing too, as we got sent back home to work just two days later! Bah!). He laughed so much that he cried when he saw it, and was both very touched that I'd made it for him and very impressed that I'd finished it just over the weekend ;-) Such a gratifying response! Now that we're working from home again, he's placed it right next to his computer, and it's apparently his "stress fish" :P


Nina asked me for "a hat like the one I knit Jordan last year". Since that was my own design and I had enough scrap yarn it was easy enough to fulfill the request. I played around with the shapes a bit more, and am quite happy with the end result :)


Finally, I've finished a quick test-knit for some decorative leaves. They had such a fun construction that I couldn't pass them up, and are a great way to use up scraps. I don't actually decorate for autumn usually, but they might make for fun coasters.


On the Needles
Only one thing actively being worked on at the moment. After a FAR too long hibernation, I finally picked up my Adventurous Cardigan again. I started it in the very beginning of this year, but put it aside when Corona hit, and for some reason just never picked it back up again. But with the temperatures dropping, it's cool enough to work with thick wool again, so I'm back at it. I still have another 4 rows to go before separating for the sleeves, but at the moment each row takes me 20 minutes due to all the cables!! But I knew I'd be in it for the long haul when I cast it on, so we'll see how long it takes me to finish. Right now I'm thinking the autumn of 2021 is most realistic ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment