Wednesday, May 11, 2022

WIP Wednesday - May Edition

Off the needles: Henni asked me if I'd crochet some Easter decorations for her. We took a quick look through ravelry, but she never made it past the first page, as she immediately fell in love with these chickens. Don't blame her - they are adorable! And it's the first time I've put make-up on my crafting! (Rouge under the eyes)
Project "Knitting through my WIPs" continues, and I've actually managed to finish the Almond Tee finally! I cast it on last spring, but it quickly got to warm to work on, so it's been dormant ever since. Of course it's now much to warm to wear, but ah well - it'll be ready for next autumn. Of course AFTER sewing in all three buttons I discovered that they were too small and keep popping out, so I'll have to do something about that... eventually.
I made another sweater for Hugo (to be used next winter, so made large on purpose). However, it did NOT want to behave! I've had to adapt the pattern quite a bit, as the yarn's a lot thicker than what it calls for (so there's no WAY I could get gauge), and so far I've had to rip back THREE TIMES! Fortunately the fourth time was the charm, and I managed to finish it finally. Hope it'll fit!
After my many years of knitting I have amassed huge amounts of scraps, so now I'm trying to figure out how to use it! Some of the fingering weight scraps I use for the cozy memories blanket, but there's still SO much left over. I recently got the idea to use it for a crocheted cardigan - figuring that if I could find one that was fairly lenient with its gauge requirements, then that might work. So last weekend I searched Ravelry and came across the Campfire Cardigan. I sorted out a bunch of suitable scraps and started working. I absolutely loved working on it (it's a really brilliant construction!) and adore the way it turned out. It was so satisfying to finally be using all these old scraps - even handspun!
On the needles: Still working on the MKAL blanket. It's a year-long project, so obviously has quite a ways to go yet. I've finished clue 4 and am quite happy with how the colours are working out. I've decided on a progression of colours that I think will work well - time will show :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment