Wednesday, September 9, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Two almost FOs!

I am SO close to having two finished objects! Next week, hopefully.

I've finished the majority of the knitting on the Dansez Pullover and have just finished seaming it together. All that remains (apart from weaving in a gazilion ends!) is to pick up stitches around the neckline and knit the collar :) I hate picking up stitches, but once that's done, the rest shouldn't take me too long :)
I really need more practise with seaming though! The straight seams went okay, but the sleeves were a hassle and a half! I'm still not completely happy with how they turned out, but have basically acknowledged that this is as good as it's gonna get until I get better at it. If anybody has recommendations of online tutorials for setting in sleeves, I'd be very interested!

Meanwhile I've swatched for the Spring Showers cardigan by Joji Locatelli for the #jojifallkal2015. I'm knitting it out of the Malabrigo Arrayo I bought in Hamburg, and even just after having swatched with it, I am TOTALLY in love with the yarn! This will be a delight to knit, and I can't wait to get started! I want to finish the Dansez Pullover first though, which is why I haven't cast on yet.

The Up and Out socks are almost done too now :) They're my commute knitting, which means they've seen quite a lot of progress since my returning to work. I've almost finished the second cuff, and then just have to do the afterthought heel. Should be done by next WIP post.

And of course I've also been working on Knit Your Love. I have almost memorized the pattern repeat, and just need a few reminders here and there, so it's going much faster now - even despite the longer rows. It's good for conversation knitting as most of it is completely mindless, so I'm up to 13 hearts now. The pattern is for 20 hearts, but as I don't have quite as much yarn as the pattern calls for, I'm just going to knit until I run out of yarn. I am still COMPLETELY in love with the yarn - both feel and colour - and wish I had enough for a full garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment