Wednesday, April 12, 2017

WIP Wednesday: Starfish and Octopus

I've gotten a LOT of crafting done this past week, as Liz and I spent most of our time chatting and knitting during my visit. Love it :)

I managed another 6 starfish for the Polygon Blanket. With the ones Mum has knit, this means I only have another 4 full-sized hexagons to knit!! Weeee!! Suddenly the end is a lot closer in sight than I'd thought. They are getting slightly boring to knit though, so I'll be glad when they're all done. Fortunately I love how the colours look together, so I'm sure the finished project will be awesome.

I also worked fairly concentrated on the Musical gloves, and finished the first one except for the thumb! It's a bit tight to get on but fits well once on. I can't quite decide if they've turned out nice enough that I'd want to gift them to Liz... I'll probably wait and see how they look after they've been blocked. They've been a lot of fun (if time consuming!) to knit though, so I'm definitely up for some more colourwork - although I think I'll move up to a larger circumference for my next project.

Finally Nina wrote me over the weekend to ask if I'd crochet an octopus for some friends of hers. Of course I agreed, and finished him last night!
He's a fairly quick project, but the tentacles are tedious... which is also why this octopus only has 7 arms instead of 8 ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment