Wednesday, September 20, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Week 38

As promised last week, I have several finished objects to show off this week! :-)

I finished all three pairs of niebling-socks, but stupidly gave away the first pair without remembering to take a photo of it first! Ah well, I'm sure you can guess what they look like ;-)
I also finished the Travelling poncho for youngest niece and am really happy with how it turned out! Hope it'll fit her well! I see her next week, so can hopefully get her to try it on then.
Finally and most excitingly I finished the Hogwarts Express Shawl. I love absolutely everything about this shawl! The colour, the yarn (SO SOFT!!!), the beads, the owls... it's exactly as awesome as I thought it would be when I first saw the pattern. I'm now definitely considering making a cardigan or a sweater with these cuties on the yoke! So cute :-)
Oldest niece came to visit last week, and we decided to start a long-term auntie-niece crochet project - the summer garden granny square blanket. We've only got 3 squares done so far, so it looks like it'll be a long-LONG-term project, but we're having fun with it, and that's what matters :-)
With all this awesomeness off the needles, I've actually only been working actively on ONE WIP this past week - a pair of socks for my brother-in-law. They're coming along nicely, although the 72sts look HUGE after just having knit three pairs of niebling socks with only 60sts ;-)
Unfortunately I'm not quite sure I have enough yarn (my guesstimate of how much more a 72sts pair would take was off), so I may have to get creative with the cuff... We'll see. I still have 10 grams left, so it may take me further than I expect it to.


1 comment:

  1. The owls are fantastic. They really show well! Nice shawl.

    As for your brother-in-law's socks, that looks like a losing game of yarn chicken to me, but I expect there are lots of colours you could choose to complement that yarn :)

    ReplyDelete