Wednesday, July 31, 2019

WIP Wednesday: Week 31

My current WIPs are either a) boring b) gifts or c) pretty much untouched since my last WIP post, so I'll just stick to showing off my one finished object this time.

I finished the mermaid's tail last week! I knew I was going to see my niece last weekend, and really wanted to have it ready for her. Fortunately it was a really quick knit (2 strands of yarn on THICK needles) so took no time at all to knit up. I adapted an existing pattern and made a few bad choices along the way, but it turned out alright, and she LOVED it! I mean she
absolutely
loved
it!
Granted, this was all within the first 48 hours of receiving it, so it might lose its shiny newness soon, but even so I was VERY gratified to see how much she enjoyed it. I've already promised her mother that if it keeps being this popular, I'd be happy to add some extra length to it, so she can keep using it as she grows. I love when gift knits work out this well!

No comments:

Post a Comment