Wednesday, August 21, 2019

WIP Wednesday: Week 34

I'm obviously all about the shawls this time round. I finally gave away the present I was knitting, so I get to show it off here as well now!

My aunt invited me to her birthday last weekend, and as it was a round birthday, I wanted to give her something handmade. I very quickly fell in love with the pattern for the Lionberry shawlette, and fortunately had the perfect yarn for it! As I was knitting it, I was a tad worried that it would be too "twee", but as always blocking worked wonders, and I almost fell so much in love with it, that I didn't want to give it away after all! :-D


I'm still working on the shawl for Nina. It's slow going, because every time I pick it up to knit, I end up stopping every few rows to admire the way the yarn is knitting up. I'm so glad I bought this for her - it's just so HER! And fortunately it fits the pattern really well, so this is a labour of love in the best possible sense of the term.

And of course with three shawls already on the needles (one not featured here, as it hasn't seen any progress in ages) I found yet another test knit I had to sign up for, as I found the pattern really, really cute. I'd originally thought to use a more varigated yarn, but it really needs a tonal or speckled yarn to really do it justice, so I ripped back and started over with this MadTosh single ply. Much better yarn for it too!

In non-shawl news, I'm knitting a pair of fingerless gloves for Miriam. She wrote me a few weeks ago to suggest that if I ever needed something new on the needles, she would really love such a pair, and had very specific ideas of how they should look. Fortunately her wishes were easy enough to comply with, and I finished the first glove last weekend! Should cast on for the second one tomorrow.

Finally I finished a ... kittyhat... for a friend of mine. Originally trump was supposed to come visit Denmark in the beginning of September, so she wanted a hat to "celebrate" that. (... of course, that visit has now been canceled, because Denmark refused to sell Greenland to the US... x_X ... I keep saying we should offer to trade it for Hawaii...)

No comments:

Post a Comment