Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Baby vest and Shrug

Two for the price of one :)

I started this baby vest last Saturday. It's so cute, and so much fun to knit :) The original pattern was in Danish, but the owner very kindly allowed me to translate it into English for anybody interested :) You can find it here

I'm just over half-way done, so hopefully I'll finish within a week or two.

However, I wanted something different to knit for the church council meeting tonight, so I decided to give the One-Skein Shrug another chance. The original pattern called for a 53 stitch cast on, so I've tried increasing that to 66 in the hopes that it'll fit me better. With my luck it'll end up waaaay too big this time, but we'll see :) At least it's a fast enough knit that I won't mind (too much) having to frog it and start all over again.

The yarn is a lovely Merino wool. It's sooooo soft to the touch. I love working with it :)

Check out Tami's Amis for more WIP Wednesdays.

7 comments:

  1. Hope the shrug works for you this time. From 53 to 66 seems like a nice increase. How did you figure out how many to add?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy. Honestly, it was just a random number. The original pattern was just a tad too small over the shoulders (a lot too small in length, but that's a lot easier fixed), so I figured I didn't need to increase it all that much. Hopefully it'll work - if not, I'll have a better idea of how much to increase next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby vest looks lovely and thank you for translating the pattern I will have to check it out! Good luck with the shrug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the baby vest, and the colour is just lovely. Good luck with the shrug, I hope the increases work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby vest pattern is adorable. Such a practical and handsome garment. Yours is looking great. I hope that the numbers work out for your shrug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! I hope you'll leave a note if you decide to give the baby vest a wirl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping my fingers crossed for the shrug

    ReplyDelete