The soft box took absolutely no time to knit up, so here it is as a FO already:
In fact, I think the most time consuming part was picking up stitches for the rim. I've come to the conclusion that I hate picking up stitches :( I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong, because surely it oughtn't be that complicated! I don't mind when it's just a few for the fingers of a glove or the heels of a sock, but here I had to pick up 108! Gah. Took forever.
I'm not entirely sure what I think of the finished product. I was going to make one in purple as well, but it is definitely more decorative than functional... on the other hand, it does do decorative rather nicely ;)
Pattern: Soft Baskets
Yarn: Coats Puppets Lyric 8/8 (100% cotton)
Modifications: I used seed stitch for the rim rather than ribbing. I got the idea of another Ravelry user and think it looks nicer :)