I first started the Haruni in September 2012. I'd bought some amazing yarn and wanted to use it for an amazing project. I knew that the Haruni would probably be a bit of a challenge, but decided to give it a go.
Honestly, it wasn't as difficult as I had feared, but the move came up and I got sidetracked. For some reason I didn't pick it up at all in all of 2013. So this year - with the Ravellenics and the Clean Slate Challenge coinciding, I decided to go ahead and get it done.
To my great surprise it took less than a week to finish! I had thought I had ages to go yet, but obviously the fact that I now have quite a bit of experience with lace made a significant difference, and last Monday - I was done!
I LOVE it! Too bad I never go places where this would be suitable to wear ;) I'll pretend I do and wear it anyway.
I forgot to take meassurements of the pre-blocking wingspan unfortunately, but post-blocking measurments put it at 127cm x 67cm.
Yarn: Grignasco Champagne, 100% merino