Wednesday, January 27, 2016

WIP Wednesday

Just a few projects this week.

I finished the hat for my niece, and decided to add a flower for some extra bling :) It's somewhat big though, so she might not be able to wear it until next year. I'm handing it over to her mother on Sunday, so we'll see.

Last week, one of my colleagues started complaining that she couldn't find any suitable black legwarmers that were as long as she'd like. Jokingly I offered to knit her a pair (totally willing to do so, but not wanting to pressure her), and to my happy surprise she thought that was a great idea! We sat down and agreed on a pattern, so when I got the yarn last Friday I could cast on right away :) The pattern (Rosina's legwarmers) is really easy to learn off by heart, so I'm almost done with the first one - just need to have her try it on to make the final check on length and width.
Though black, the yarn is fine to work with - I have no problems at all reading the knitting.

And as always, I needed a pair of socks on the needles. The pattern is Cookie A's Wanida. I haven't gotten that far yet, but I think it'll work well with the varigated yarn, as neither yarn nor pattern is too busy.

1 comment: