Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Blanketpalooza

While I have been knitting some on several different pairs of socks (as well as weaving in a gazillion ends!) this past week, the most significant progress has definitely been on my Cozy Memories Blanket.

I've had a lot of deadline knitting lately, and have therefore neglected it terribly for ages, so I decided to dedicate this past weekend to #BLANKETPALOOZA and knit nothing else from the time I came home from work Friday until I went to bed Sunday. Lars had weekend shifts, and I was planning to binge-watch "House of Cards" anyway, so the timing was perfect.

Obligatory "Before" Photo
Prior to this weekend I had 214 squares on my blanket. Not too shabby, but I still had a looooong way to go (I'm aiming at 481 to start with - 16 rows of 16 + 15 rows of 15).

Depending on the yarn and how many stitches I drop along the way, each square takes me about 35-45 minutes, so by Sunday evening, I'd gotten 23 new squares done, and the blanket is looking decidedly more rectangular!
And now I'm just 4 squares away from being half-way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment