I finished the Striped Beach Sweater three or four weeks ago. It's been blocked and just needs ends woven in and the buttons sewn in. I'm still thinking which colour buttons to use, as I have 3 different contenders (all red, all blue, one each of red, green, blue and black - am leaning towards the latter). Doesn't matter too much just yet - looks like Nora won't be able to wear it until NEXT winter at the earliest.
I knit and frogged a complete sock. Awhile back, I bought the "New Directions in Sock Knitting" book, and wanted to knit my way through that. I found some yarn I thought would work nicely for the "Vanishing Point" socks and cast on for that just prior to my last WIP post. Despite a really fiddly start, and a lot of purling, I really liked the way it was turning out... until we got to the grafting. Grafting takes FOREVER, and here I had about 130 stitches to graft! Ah well, I made the best of it, but when I ran out of yarn 30 stitches before the end, I decided to try on the sock before adding more yarn for the rest.
So I frogged it! And immediately reused the yarn for a much simpler sock pattern, which shows off the yarn nicely and is coming along much faster
While on vacation I finished two pairs of socks (the Rose City Rollers and a pair of plain vanilla) and started a third (the Kyrma). It's coming along nicely, but I've lengthened the leg significantly so is taking a lot longer than usual. That's fine - I just have to finish by September 23rd, as they're meant as a gift for a friend of mine :)
Once I've finished those socks I'll have no more obligation knitting for awhile, so I want to cast on something new... perhaps one of the sweaters I've been meaning to knit for myself for awhile :)