Friday, November 11, 2016

WIP Friday

I was going to post this Wednesday, but I got too wrapped up in following the news and forgot to post photos. So here goes, a bit late.

Still knitting on the Christmas socks for my SIL, although I haven't gotten much further. I'm in the process of turning the heel, and doing a heel-flap and gusset always slows me down a bit, as I haven't learned that technique off by heart yet (much prefer the fish-lips-kiss heel, but this looks more stylish, and as it's a present, that's what I'm going for).

I've picked my Paradise Cardigan back up and have finished the first sleeve! Still not entirely sure about the colour choice - it could go either way - but I don't actually think I'll make up my mind until it's done, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'm almost done with the second sleeve, so I'll be able to return to the body soon :) Am starting to think I may not have enough yarn though, but we'll see how far this gets me - otherwise I know where I can purchase more :)

Finally, I've added a few more squares to my cozy memories blanket. I don't think you can see much progress since last week, but I'm loving working on it :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours of the sweater and I love them together in combination but I can see how the finished sweater will be very dramatic. I think you're right - you'll have to decide once it's done.

    Cute socks! Lately I've been sticking with the heel flap and gusset construction because somehow the sock looks more natural and better proportioned even off the foot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I'll keep knitting and hope for the best.

      Agreed, the heel flap construction does make the sock look more natural off the foot. Usually I don't think it makes too much of a difference on the foot, but since this is a Christmas present (and my sister-in-law is very knitworthy) I wanted to go all out :)

      Delete