Wednesday, July 19, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Week 29

The designer who made all the cool fruit coasters put out another design for testing this past weekend. Of course I had to sign up so I could add to my collection, and fortunately she was happy to have me on again. 'Twas supposed to be another orange, but I had misplaced my orange yarn, so it ended up being either a very unripe orange or an apple instead.
Don't care - either way, I like it :-) It's currently blocking and looks a bit misshapen, but I think it'll add nicely to the collection.

I still need another 700 meters to reach my stashdash goal, so decided to finally cast on for the Exploration Station. The first 6 wedges were plain garter stitch and went really quickly, but now I've started on the brioche section... and that's going to take awhile. It's not nearly as difficult as I'd feared though... and I am childishly amused that the stitches are called "bark" and "burp" ;-D

I've also started yet another sock (Yes, this is the 5th sock currently on my needles. Yes, I could theoretically finish stashdash just by finishing off those socks. Schh! Stop making sense, you!), as Nina mentioned my nieblings might enjoy some handknit socks for the cold mornings. The colour is way off in this photo as it's actually a gradient from green to grey... but what can you do. I also have some ideas for fun decorations on the leg. We'll see how it works out. I'm knitting these with true afterthought heels, so I'll have to cut the yarn once that time comes. I need to measure it tonight, but I think I have another 10-15cm to go on the first leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment