Thursday I was out with some colleagues for a work event, and as we started the evening off at a cocktail bar, I thought it was the perfect chance to get some work done on my current pair of socks. Alas, I didn't think to count the stitches before starting, and thus didn't realize that I hadn't yet finished all the increases for the foot, but just started knitting straight... it wasn't until I picked it back up again two days later that I realized the sock was looking awfully small, and realized I was missing 4 stitches!
Last night I swatched for a cardigan for Peter, my brother-in-law. He asked for a black hoodie made out of thin yarn. Unfortunately Ravelry was very thin on patterns for cardigans for males that fit those parameters, so I found one for females instead that (otherwise) fit the bill nicely, and will adapt it to be unisex. As far as I can see, I just need to add a bit of extra ease and drop the waste-shaping, and it'll be fine. Peter approved of it, anyway. I'm looking forward to getting started... even if I am fully expecting the miles and miles of stockinette to get boring after awhile. Like I wrote on Instagram - that's how much I love my BIL 😉
Finally, I've been working on my Chromatic pullover. It's a bit slow going, but I love the way it's turning out, so I don't mind too much. Another 15 stripes or so, and the body should be finished... unless I decide to add on a bit more length... I think I'll try it on again in 15 stripes' time and decide then.