Wednesday, November 29, 2017

WIP Wednesday: Week 48

It's been a few weeks since I did a WIP Wednesday post last, so I have a LOT of things to show off this time.

First, two finished objects. I finished a pair of socks while out and about and hadn't brought something else to knit on, so I decided to cast on another Christmas bauble, because why not :-)
Socks: Dalarna by Nancy Bush. Yarn: Opal in the Drollig colourway.
Christmas Bauble by Mona Smidt.



I FINALLY returned to my Skew socks. Haven't touched them in probably 10 months partly because I had a serious case of project reconsideration going on (they're slightly too big, so I thought about ripping them out several times, but at the end of the day I like them too much... even if they are too big), partly because the design is so unique that I couldn't just pick them up at any odd time, but had to have the pattern available before casting on. Bad excuse, I know, and this past week I finally cast on the second sock and am already half-way through the heel :-)

Mostly though, I've been knitting on the cardigan for my brother-in-law. I really wanted to have it to the point where I could separate for the sleeves by last Sunday so I could get him to try it on, and decided to knit the hood as well, in order to have a better feeling for how it would fit. That was a LOT of stockinette in not a lot of time, but I made it with hours to spare! And fortunately it fits well :-) ... or at least it will after blocking makes the stitches relax a bit.
(DH commented that it currently looks more like an executioner's hood than anything else, and once that has been seen it cannot be unseen! I need to get some more length on it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment