Wednesday, November 15, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Week 46

I decided to knit another Baaa-ble hat :-D I gave the other one away as a gift, and have been wanting one myself ever since. It's been getting cold lately, and I've recently started wearing hats on my way to work again, so I figured it was about time :-) It's such a quick knit - only took me three evenings to finish and ready to block. It was finally dry enough to wear yesterday, and I love it! It's so much warmer than my other hats (since this was both yarn held double and knit at a tighter gauge) and actually covers my ears!
This was my first attempt at making a pompom which turned out to be a lot easier than expected.

Aside from that, I've been working solely on a Christmas present for my brother-in-law. He overheard me asking Morfar if he'd like a knitted sweater for Christmas, and quickly jumped in, "If that's an open offer, I'd like one too!" As he's always impossible to find gifts for, I jumped at the opportunity. He asked for a cardigan hoodie, which was pretty much impossible to find a pattern for on Ravelry :-P In the end, I had to modify a pattern as I could only find suitable ones with female shaping. Oh well, easy enough to remove the waist shaping and add ease... hopefully :-P I have to use the biggest size as it is, and then increase further to add extra ease. We'll see how it goes.
I have gotten quite a bit further since taking this photo, but I was in a middle of a row when I remembered I needed to take a new one, and it basically just looked like a big black blob, so this will have to do for now.

1 comment:

  1. I have not made the Baa-ble hat yet, but I have the yarn and pattern...I adore it!

    ReplyDelete