I finished the $5 in Paris!
And I adore it! I can't believe how well it turned out. The colours, the style, the fit - it couldn't have been better :) I love the way it looks on me :) It was a pretty easy knit - the hardest part was picking up stitches for the sleeves and having it look nice - and FAST! Only took me 10 days to knit. Of course it did help that I hardly touched any of my other projects at all during those ten days ;) What can I say... it was a whirlwind romance ;)
(my apologies about the state of the photo - it was the best I could do at the time).
Binding off did turn out to be a bit of a hassle though. I'd used a 'regular' bind off for the sleeves, and that was fine, so I figured I could do the same for the hem. Not so. It ended up being waaaaay too tight! I could get it on, but it was literally skin tight - I couldn't move at all. Sigh. Nothing to do but to rip it back. Google came to the rescue, and using Jenny's Super-Stretchy Bind Off I tried again - success! This bind off was just as stretchy as the ribbing itself and looked great too :)
Pattern: $5 in Paris
Yarn: Mayflower, Easy Care Big. A tad on the itchy side, but I think it'll be okay.
Modifications: The bottom ribbing was supposed to be 5". That's a LOT of ribbing! After about 3.5" I decided to call it quits. I actually think it looks better that way too.