Thursday, October 25, 2012

FO Friday - Classic Gloves

The gloves are done, and just in time for winter :) It was 0C when I woke up this morning, so perfect timing.
The back of the hands are a bit too big, but according to other knitters, that's pretty common for first-time gloves, and otherwise they fit fine, so I'm just not going to worry about that. Besides, I tend to go through gloves at record speeds, because I'll get warm hands when I bike, take them off and put them in my basket, and eventually arrive at my destination to discover that one has fallen out.

This has happened more often than I care to admit ;)

I made slits in the thumbs so I can use my iPhone without having to take them off. Hopefully that won't leave my thumbs too cold.

Pattern: Classic gloves.
Yarn: 5ply, 100% Acrylic.
Alterations: Slits in thumbs to make them smartphone friendly.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea to make the slits to be able to use smartphones! Let's hope you don't lose either of these beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of colours on your gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look beautiful and very warm and cosy!

    ReplyDelete