My 2013 List of Hopes:
- Limit my to-be-read pile. I'm currently at 155 books on my to-be-read shelves. And that's physical books only, and doesn't even begin to touch on all the unread ebooks on my Kindle. I'd love to get down to 100 unread dead-tree books, but I know already now that that's optimistic, considering that I'm still purchasing new books at an alarming rate ;)
- Complete the Lost In Music cover-up for Mixi's wedding Mixi has asked me to knit her a cover-up to wear with her wedding dress. It's a great honour, so obviously I HAVE to finish it.
- Complete the fingerless gloves for Nina. - preferably by Rebekka's birthday (next time I see Nina), so she'll actually get them while it's still winter. Rebekka's birthday celebration is on January 19th, so it's definitely do-able.
- Make a cross-stitch for Simon' baptism. I've made one for all my other nieblings, so it wouldn't do to drop the ball on this one!
- Make a wedding present for Mixi and Morten. Since Mixi reads this journal, I obviously can't go into greater detail on this one ;)
- Learn how to crotchet. I recently bought Crotcheted Softies by Stacey Trock, and it has some of the most adorable knitted animals I've ever seen!!! I especially love the snail :) It does require that I learn how to crocet though...
- Participate in and complete NaSweaKniMo. ... or is it NaKniSweaMo? I forget. Anyway, rather than writing 50.000 words in November for NaNoWriMo, you knit 50.000 stitches on a sweater. Haven't quite figured out which one yet, but I have until November to decide. It should also help me keep my resolution NOT to attempt to participate in NaNoWriMo again ;) Anybody want to join me?
- Complete the Haruni. I started knitting a shawl I really wanted to wear for Mixi's wedding. However, life intervened and I didn't get as far before moving as I had hoped. Now I have a whole bunch of other - more important - projects to finish before the wedding, so this has been put on the back burner. I'd still like to finish it, but I don't realistically think I will. That's okay :)
- Make a Wingspan shawl for Nina's birthday. Since she asked specifically for this I CAN reveal this on here, even though she'll read it ;) I love knitting stuff for Nina - she's always so enthusiastic about it. Besides, the Wingspan is a quick and fun knit, so I'm happy to make it again.
- Paint and move into my hobby room. It'll be such a delight to have everything I need for my projects stored in one easily accessible location! Besides, it's the last room that needs decorating on the top floor - then we can start thinking about the basement.
- Get photos/paintings up on the walls. It's amazing how big a difference it makes. And right now the walls look rather bare. We still need to get the pictures/paintings from the old flat though, so can't get started on that just yet.
- Finish unpacking everything. A rather more broad goal than the previous ones, and also somewhat more time-consuming as we actually haven't gotten all the boxes moved from the old flat yet, but a necessary one, as I've made a bet with some of my relatives that we'll have finished unpacking by Christmas 2013. That's it, then. ;)
... I tend to go overboard when making lists, so even though I could continue, I'll leave this at an even 12... one per month I guess ;)