Thursday, January 31, 2013

FO Friday - Love in Music

Finally done :)


Pattern: Lost in Music
Yarn: Gignasco Champagne - a mohair/silk blend and absolutely the most delicious yarn I've ever knit with! If I had the money I'd definitely be buying enough for a shirt for myself, but alas it's rather pricey.
Modifications: None this time, but if I were to knit this again (which I probably won't... 1.5 meters of purl lace got really old) I'd knit it in one piece instead of picking up stitches to add the cuffs. Picking up stitches was a hassle and a half, and I honestly don't see the benefit of it in this situation.

Also I might just make a swatch where I switch the pattern to being knit lace instead of purl lace. I knit much faster than I purl, and it would be interesting to see how big of a difference it makes to the pattern.

6 comments:

  1. Well done!
    But I do concur, even the most interesting stitch pattern gets a little on your nerves after a yard or so... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a shame that the most beautiful of yarns are also the most expensive. The shrug is pretty. You could also try a provisional cast-on the next time you knit this. If you did, you would be able to use your live stitches from both sides to knit in the round and create the cuffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and provisional cast-ons not be friends ;)

      It might still have been easier though.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous project!

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminados-43/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice! Bet it looks even better on!

    ReplyDelete