Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WIP Wednesday - #behmalong

I finished my first No Purl Monkey Sock :) Haven't cast on the second one yet though, as I needed a bit of a break from socks after rushing to finish the Conwy socks for the Month of Socks KAL.
I made the leg a tad too long - should have started the Fish-Lips-Kiss heel after 6 repeats instead of 7. Ah well. I'm not going to rip it back that far just to remedy that! I may add an extra couple of stitches for the other cuff though - just to make it slightly less tight.

I think I like the heel... it's certainly a lot easier to knit than the heel flap. Not as easy as the afterthought heel, but on the upside - no extra ends to weave in! The FLK-heel is my first attempt at a short row heel.

Now that I'm no longer knitting socks, I've returned to Martina Behm's Sleeves for my sister. I'm about 2/3s of the way through the first sleeve.
I had to fiddle a bit with the numbers in order to make the cuff tighter than the pattern called for and then add the flare later, which is why the sudden jump in numbers is more pronounced than it would otherwise have been. I think it works out well enough, and doubt it's something you'll notice when it's being worn
The yarn is SO lovely and soft that I may just have to buy some for a blouse for myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment