Wednesday, June 17, 2015

WIP Wednesday - To new FOs!

Two new FOs today! :)

One of them you could probably guess. Since my Spot Checked Socks only missed a single toe last week, it would have been weird if I hadn't managed to finish by now :) Blocking helped a lot, and while they're still a bit tight, it's not too bad. And while the toe look weird, it fits nicely when I put it on.

The other FO is my Thirty Valentine's Shawl!!! I got stubborn and pretty much knit on this exclusively all last week! Saturday I finally bound off the last stitch (using a crochet cast off which I haven't tried before, so it took me longer than it would have otherwise), and Sunday I blocked it to within an inch of its life! It never ceases to amaze me what blocking does to lace! It went from this:
to this!
Final measurements are 170cm x 80cm. I ended up with just 10 grams of yarn left over - enough for another ~6 rows, so I'm calling that a succes :) The yarn is still strangely stiff, even after washing (I believe Lars compared it to steel wool!), but since I won't be wearing it next to my skin, I don't mind too much.

With those off the needles, I've managed 3000meters for StashDash! Since my goal is 5K, I should be juuuust fine :D

Since Sunday, I've had time for some other projects, so I've the first Adjoin sock :)
Unfortunately I tried to guess at the placing of the heel, so it's slightly too big. Ah well. C'est la vie.

I've also finally started the Seabrook vest for my sister. It doesn't look like much yet, but since it's knit on size 8mm needles, I'm expecting it to move fast :)

1 comment:

  1. Great projects! A good blocking makes such a difference! Thanks for sharing.