Wednesday, June 3, 2015

WIP Wednesday - another 258 meters for StashDash!

My Spot Check Socks are coming along nicely :) I'm a tad worried that they may be a bit too tight after all, but if that's the case, I'm sure I can find somebody else to pass them on to ;) I'm cruising down the foot and will soon only have the toes left on both of them.
I'm almost out of the varigated yarn - another 3-4 rounds I think. I'd hoped it would get me further down the foot, but so be it. I should have enough of the dark blue left for the toe either way.

I'm way ahead of schedule on the 30 Valentines Shawl, but as the rows are only going to get longer from here on, I don't see that as continuing to be the case. I've just finished row 92* of 140 (incl. bind-off, which I forgot last week ;) ), so a fair bit to go yet. Once I get closer to the end I need to start weighing the yarn I have left, because the pattern calls for 500-600 meters, and I have more than 700 in my skein, so I want to see if I'll have enough to add an extra repeat.
No clue what's up with the weird stripes... I hope it blocks out.

I've finally finished the Conjunction Cowl! I am SO happy with how it turned out! The homespun gradient worked out exactly as I'd hoped :) It's quite obviously thicker than the other yarn, but I think that's only noticeable when you're up close and really personal. From a distance you can't tell at all :)
I'll get a modelled shot and put it on Instagram as soon as it's dry :) (I'm kiwiria there as well) I'm almost sad I said one of my friends could have it ;) But only almost, as I know she'll use it :)

4 comments:

  1. Your projects look great. I love the socks and the shawl. I didn't see a weird stripe in any of the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great...love the shawl colors...and that cowl is fantastic...Uhm..I have really small, skinny feet...;) just saying.....started following you on IG...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours in the cowl. Great with the rainbow cclours and the dramatic black.

    ReplyDelete