Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Meet Lars!

The Zigzagular socks are done! Still need to weave in ends, but I just have to get that done before Saturday, so no worries there :)

I've made a couple of errors here and there where I apparently couldn't count to 8, but none that are visible to the naked and untrained eye, so I'm not going to worry about that. Hope my sister-in-law likes them!

I've gotten a bit of work done on my sister's vest. I forgot to take a new progress photo, but it doesn't look all that different from last week anyway. Only have another 30 rows to go now, so it's suddenly looking very doable to have it done by next week :)

It's too big to bring on my commute though, so since my visitor from New Zealand professed a love of all things turtle, I decided to make her one! Was quite fiddly at times, but still ended up taking me just 4 hours all together, and I've got to say I think it's ridiculously cute! Fortunately she seemed to like it too, and immediately named it Lars as that was "a nice pronounceable Danish name!"

Finally, I decided I didn't have enough on my needles as it was, so I cast on the Nostalgia Shawl which I've been wanting to knit for ages! No time like the present :) I've only knit 16 rows so far, but I think I'll enjoy it. It reminds me a lot of the Color Affection shawl which I LOVED knitting, and I like the way the two yarns play together. Slightly worried the varigated will become too overpowering after awhile, but I think/hope the purple will downplay it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment