Wednesday, July 8, 2015

WIP Wednesday - More Socks!

I've been knitting surprisingly little this past week - it's just been too HOT even for knitting cotton. So no new finished objects, but I do have a couple that have seen a bit of progress.

The first Zigzagular Sock is almost at the heel! Only another 4-5'ish cm to go. They've been put a bit on the back burner though, in order to allow time for the two next projects, but I would like to finish them by July 25th, as that's when I see the intended recipient next... that may be a tad optimistic though, considering my two other time-sensitive projects.

I'm just over half-way with the vest for Nina. I need another 10-15cm for the back, and then the ~30cm for the other front. Still hope to get it done by the end of July, but must admit that it depends on how many more weekends like this one we get!

Especially as I signed up for a sock test-knit that has to be finished by July 12th! Just one sock fortunately - I don't have to knit a full pair :) It shouldn't be too big a problem, but I've already ripped back once, as the two sets of yarn-overs did not turn out symmetrical. My second attempt is better, so I think I'm on the right track now.
The yarn is Lana Grossa cotton stretch which is a bit hard on the hands to knit with, but I know from experience that it makes SUCH comfortable and durable socks, so I know it'll be worth it :) Besides, I like how the pattern plays with the self-striping yarn, so it's all good :)

3 comments:

  1. I like the zig zags on that self-patterning yarn. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was very happy when the Hubs put the a/c in...it has been very humid here this week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweaty fingers when knitting wool is THE WORST! The test knit looks very nice so far, and you're right - it's lovely with self-patterning yarn.

    ReplyDelete