Wednesday, May 18, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Getting ready for StashDash2016

Less than 10 days to go before StashDash2016!

To those not familiar with StashDash, it is the brainchild of Lesley and Laura of the KnitGirllls Podcast. In a nutshell, you challenge yourself to finish 3, 5, 7, 10 or 15km worth of knitting starting May 27th and ending on August 21st. WIPs count - you can count the entire yardage, as long as there's some knitting left to be done (i.e. you can't just weave in ends, but binding off and weaving in ends totally count).

I've participated in the 5k these past two years. Didn't manage to finish the first year, but managed something like 5043 meters last year. No reason to exaggerate ;)

Though I haven't quite decided yet, I'll probably go for the 5k again this year, so over the weekend I gathered together (almost) all my active WIPs, to see just what my brand of crazy looks like.
Top row, left to right:
Change of Heart cowl - has been frogged, and I'll repurpose the yarn for the "Imagine When" shawl by Joji Locatelli - ~460m
Vanilla Socks - only need a bit of ribbing to be done - ~210m
Third love blanket for Nora, about half done - ~200m
Secret crochet project - no clue yet
Swirl Tee - my favourite project these days. I LOVE how it's turning out! Can't wait to wear it. ~800m
Bottom row, left to right:
Professor McGonagall blanket - needs another 10 rounds of edging and the bind-off. Each round takes 45 minutes, so I hope to get this closer to done before StashDash starts. ~1400m
Whirlpool Socks - first sock is done, second is at the heel. Should be a quick finish. ~220m
Film Reel - first sleeve done! One more sleeve and a TON of ends to weave in! ~600m
Benny the Elephant - just need to make the trunks and sew everything together - 200m

Not shown (as I had COMPLETELY spaced out on it!): Symmetry in Motion - an estimated 2400m as I'm knitting this one with yarn held double. REALLY don't believe I'll finish this one though! It's been on the back burner for too long.

But if I finish all of the above (+ two extra pairs of socks for the Just One More Row sock challenge), I'm looking at somewhere around 6900 meters. That's only if I finish Symmetry in Motion though. But while 7K might be a bit unrealistic, 5K is looking very manageable :)

1 comment: