Wednesday, May 11, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Security Blanket, take 2

I finally, finally, FINALLY picked up the stitches to the first sleeve in the Film Reel Cardigan... and then promptly abandoned it for another project with a tighter deadline. Ah well, at least it's been started now, and it'll be a lot easier to pick up next time, with the sleeve actually started.

(I'm currently in denial that I'll have to do it all over again for the second sleeve. I don't know why I procrastinate so with picking up sleeves... it doesn't actually take all that long once I get started - but it's not something I can just pick up and do whenever either. It requires concentration.)
I'm a bit worried about getting the length of the sleeves right, though. I had Rebekka meassure Rosa's arms, and they're a LOT longer than the pattern seems to think they should be. I'm going to go with the actual measurements, of course. It just always confuses me when they're so out of sync.

As for the more important project - Mixi asked me to knit Nora another security blanket, as she'd accidentally shrunk the first one. As Nora had gotten very attached to the first security blanket already, I wanted to get that done as quickly as possible, to hopefully make the transition a smooth one. I found some machine washable yarn (normal wash - not the gentle cycle) in a bamboo/cotton blend (SO soft!) and got on it right away. I'm going to make two, so Mixi has an extra - just in case.

I'm almost done with the first one - only another 20 or so rows to go before the bind off.

I've also got a bit more done on my Swirl Tee, although I let the other projects take precedence. I've just separated for the sleeves and tried it on to see if the fit is alright. I may need to make some bust darts, but we'll see how it goes. The waste yarn for the sleeves makes for a good life line if needs be.

No comments:

Post a Comment