The scarf is now at 130cm. I need another 50cm lengthwise, and then I get to pick up a ton of stitches and start on the horizontal stripes :) Fortunately I have FINALLY gotten the hang of picking up stitches (at least in even knitting), so I no longer dread that as much as I used to ;)
Another 2 coloured stripes have been added to the butterfly shawl. I'm starting to worry I might not have enough coloured yarn for a full-size shawl, so am considering alternatives. I could either switch to other colours (I have another green, blue and purple of the right weight - though not the same brand) - or I could go drastic and change to a solid black (same brand as the white I'm currently using) to add sort of a border. We'll see - I'll decide once I know how far I get with the colours I have.