Wednesday, January 24, 2018

WIP Wednesday: Week 4

Soooo.... I cast on a new pair of socks :-P Yes, I know I already have 3 pairs on my needles, but I needed something completely vanilla that I could knit on without looking for a meeting Friday, and none of the other pairs fit that bill (in fact, I need to actually look at pattern instructions for two of them and to count continuously for the last), so obviously I really had no choice ;-) I knit most of the foot at the meeting and made sure to get past the heel today (which I also needed pattern instructions for, as I was trying out a new heel) so it's ready for another meeting tomorrow.

I've done a bit of work on the Snowmelt Shawl, but not as much as last week, so I'm only about half-way through clue two. I'm not too crazy about the colours just now, but I know that'll change as soon as the green starts coming in. It's my plan to use up as much of the yarn as at all possible, so I may have to do some maths once I near the end, to see how many rows extra I can add to the pattern.

Mostly though, I've been working diligently on the cardigan for Morfar. I finished the back yesterday and did the first 3-needle bind-off with the left front. So now I just need the other front and then I can start working on the sleeves! I hope to get that far by the weekend, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment