Friday, August 16, 2013

FO Friday - Lilac Bookmark

A very quick FO this week. I'm going to a bachelorette party tonight, and all participants were asked to bring a small gift for the bride-to-be. It was supposed to symbolize either us or our relationship with the B2B (or both!), so I figured that a knitted bookmark would symbolize "me" very nicely ;)

The No Wrong Side Bookmark has been in my Ravelry queue for quite a while, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity to make it. I sat down with it Tuesday afternoon, and it took me no more than 2 hours from start to finish. As usual blocking it did wonders to open up the pattern :)


The colour is slightly off - it's a darker blue IRL. I used scrap yarn - blue sock yarn and a strand of lilac cobweb as the B2B's favourite colours are blue and purple :) The pattern called for 10 repeats of the feather pattern, but I thought it was a suitable length after 9 repeats :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the colour and design you choose. Hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria, so good to know through your profile on the blogger. I am glad to stop by your blog and know your interest. Well I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 33 yrs the great city of Mumbai, India a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted and to give them new life, future, purpose and hope. We also encourage young people as well as the adults from the West to come on a short term missions trip to work with us. We would love to have you come along with your friends to work with us on a short term missions trip. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete