First, for my oldest sister, Boticelli
I found a pretty significant error in the pattern though - the row count suddenly jumped 100 rows for no apparent reason! I checked with the designer and yup - typo :) The only reason I even noticed is that I'm using yarn with a different gauge than the one given in the pattern, and rather than moving down to teeny-tiny needles to obtain correct gauge (which I doubt would look good anyway), I'm attempting to change the pattern to fit my yarn. It's the first time I've ever tried anything of the sort, so I'm very curious to see how it'll work out - and taking copious notes while knitting the back, so I can replicate it for the front. Maths FTW ;) I wish I could have figured out how to work it in the round though, but that's slightly above my abilities yet.
Second up is a sweater for a dear friend of mine. We first started talking about me knitting her a sweater last year, but things got sidetracked by our move. I recently brought it up again, and we spent a couple of delightful afternoons looking through Ravelry for the perfect pattern. I think we found it too with Drops' Chocolate Passion. We found her some GORGEOUS deep red yarn (the colour here is way off - it doesn't look orange at all in real life!) and I finally got to cast on :)