Friday, November 22, 2013

FO Fridays - Candy Affection

I finished my shawl :) Still need to block it, but since it's all garter stitch, I don't expect it to make a big difference. It does have some crinks that I hope it will straighten out though.

But I love it! It's awesome :-D The colours look terrific together - I love how the dark colours of the Madelinetosh really make the the Candy Skein pop :) It took me exactly 2 weeks to complete - I just couldn't put it down :)
I did manage to drop a couple of stitches while binding off though! That's never happened to me before. I didn't realize until I'd finished, and as it was at the very start (of a 417'ish sts row) I wasn't about to tink back through all 400 stitches, so I ended up just using the Yarn Harlot's crotchet bind off and then sewing the last stitch closed. I think it worked well enough. Sure, I can tell where it happened, but only because I know, and only if I'm really looking, so I'm happy :)

Close-ups of the colours.

It doesn't use up nearly as much yarn as the pattern states though. I ended up using 260m MC, 194m C1, 242m C2.

Pattern: Color Affection
Yarn: MC - Madelinetosh tosh sock (Laurel). C1 - Candy Skein Savory Fingering (Rainbow Fruit Chews). C2 - Madelinetosh tosh merino light (Ink?)
Modifications: I changed the ml's to kfb and added a YO before the last stitch which I dropped on the following row. It was a recommendation from other ravellers, and I'm glad I followed it - the edging would have been REALLY tight otherwise.

8 comments:

  1. I love the way the colour is worked in. Looks fantastic. (crochet addict uk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I loved knitting CA so much that I made a second one straight away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding myself being drawn towards knitting another one as well. I also want to knit another Elfe though, so I may have to do that first :)

      Delete
  3. Just stunning! I can see this working with just about anything in a wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colours!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know your shawl inspired me to make one similar. Im using a multi color yarn with grey and teal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds *gorgeous*! Can't wait to see it! :)

      Delete