Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday - It's Starting to Look a Lot Like a Sweater

I finally got around to picking the Red Chocolate up again, and - as it seems always happens - I fell in love with it all over again. It is such a cool knit! I'm ever so slightly worried about sewing it all together at the end though - as far as I can puzzle out, it's not quite as straight-forward as I would like... and I have practically NO experience with seaming up sweaters. I'll probably as my Mum for help when that time comes.

But I'm now almost half-way through! Got the back and the right front sorted, and am 66% through the first sleeve :) I love the colour of the yarn, but must admit I wouldn't have chosen the type of yarn myself - it's a tad scratchy! My friend keeps assuring me that's not a problem for her though, so I'm going to trust her judgement - it would be too, too frustrating to knit a sweater as complex as this one and then it ending up not being worn!
But I do love the way it looks - even if it does need a thorough blocking to get some of the stitches evened out.

However, the Red Chocolate currently has to compete with my Candy Colour Affection. I've been wanting to knit the Color Affection for ages, but couldn't find the proper yarn for it. But when I received Candy Skein's Rainbow Fruit Chews I knew this was it! ... At least, if I could find some properly subdued contrasting colours to use with it. Madelinetosh came to the rescue (and now I totally understand the hype about Madelinetosh - it knits up SO lovely!) and I'm speeding through the short rows. Still got a while to go yet, but I couldn't be happier with the way it knits up, the way the colours work together and the Rainbow Fruit Chews pools, and how squishy it's going to end up being. A love affair from the word go :)


This baby is all mine! Can't wait to use it! :)

6 comments:

  1. That sweater is beautiful! I have a problem with scratchy yarn too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like the scratchy yarn either. Your projects are great and I'm loving the cardigan. The shawl is pretty too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I love the shawl, not seen many using a multicoloured yarn for one of the colourways, it looks really good.

    Maybe the scratchy yarn will improved after washing and blocking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty cardigan! Love the shawl colors too looks like a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both projects. I never thought to use a wild variegated yarn in a color affection but you have me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure about it at first either, but I think it really works :) I love working on it anyway, so we'll see how it looks when it's all finished and blocked.

      Delete