Thursday, May 1, 2014

FO Friday: Hitchhiker

I finished my Hitchhiker over Easter :)
Very, very colourful indeed! Fortunately Nina loves it, even if it has gotten slightly too warm to wear scarfs now.

Love how the colours flow into each other up close... this is why I wanted to use the rest of the yarn for something in stockingette :)
It was a fun knit, and just like the Wingspan, very potatochip'y. I may just knit another one of these one day... even if the later tips did take *forever*!

(Oh, the name is because there are 42 tips altogether :) )

Pattern: Hitchhiker
Yarn: Lana Grossa Magico, 25% Nylon, 75% wool
Mods: None

I also finished a pair of socks I'd randomly decided to cast on ;) This pattern is from The Knitter, and I'd wanted to knit it ever since I first saw it. It is top-down and extremely easy.
I'm not too fond of the colours of the yarn unfortunately. It looked great in the skein, but I'm not so sure of it all knit up. Doesn't really matter for socks of course, and it is lovely soft, so that's always good.

I did have to do some finangling to get the colours to match up though! First I thought the second skein just started a different place in the colour repeat, so I'd have to unwind until I got to the right place, but as it turned out, the second skein was wound in the opposite direction from the first one! So I unwound and rewound, tried my best at measuring and kept all fingers and toes crossed when I started knitting. I think I'm ½-1 rounds off colourwise, so I'm count to consider that a success! :)

Pattern: Brighton Rock
Yarn: Bumbo Sock Yarn with Aloe Vera, 75% wool, 25% nylon
Mods: None

No comments:

Post a Comment