Thursday, September 25, 2014

WIP + FO

A day late and a day early, but since I never got around to posting my WIP Wednesday entry yesterday, I figured I might as well combine it with my FO Friday entry for tomorrow! :)

On the Needles
I've been attacked by startitis this past week, so my WIPs from last week have only seen very little progress (if any!) but instead I've cast on two new ones!!! You can never have too many WIPs, right? Of course right ;)

The Newborn Vertebra - I was going to wait a bit before casting this one on, but The Fat Squirrel started a Vertebrae KAL, so I figured now was as good a time as any! Knitting flat in a solid yarn is making it very obvious that my purling isn't nearly as consistent as my knitting though :-P I even tried going down a needle size for the purl stitches, but to no avail. Nothing to do but practise, I guess.

Love the colour though :)

Earlier this year, Rebekka asked me if I'd knit a scarf for Rosa. I'd been itching to knit another Hitchhiker anyway and figured I'd better cast on now so the winter wouldn't be half over before she could get it. Rosa's favourite colours are brown and pink (at least they were when I asked her last), so I figured this yarn would be perfect for her :) It's 100% merino and SO lovely soft! Right now I can't put it down... but right now I'm also at the really short tips, meaning it's awfully potato-chippy. It will slow down soon enough I'm sure.

Haven't completely abandoned my old projects though. Sleeves has seen quite a bit of progress, and I'm now almost half-way through the back, row-wise. Since these rows keep getting shorter and shorter, this means that I'm more than half-way stitch-wise, so hopefully another week or two and I'll be done! :)

And finally, my socks :) The yarn is still playing nice with the pattern, and I turned the heel on Saturday. Haven't touched it much since then, but it's coming along nicely. I no longer really believe I'll be able to finish by the end of the month though! But that's okay - the goal was more to knit 12 pairs of socks in a year than necessarily one a month. So I'm not worried... yet! ;)

Off the Needles
Part of the reason the socks haven't seen much progress is that I got so caught up in the cowl I started last week. Started Monday, finished Friday. I LOVED the yarn and how it knit up, so it was basically all I wanted to knit all week. And as it made for perfect travel-knitting, it was only too easy to substitute my poor rejected socks for this.

I'd say it was worth it though. Haven't actually worn it yet, as it only came off my blocking mat yesterday, but I love it! The colours are so amazingly beautiful :)

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem. My purling is much looser than my knitting. You have a lot of pretty knits in progress. I love that pretty cowl.

    ReplyDelete